Wednesday, January 6, 2016

An Introduction

My name is Juan Treviño, and I'm from Brownsville, Texas, a city you've probably never heard of unless you're from the Rio Grande Valley. At the time of this typing, I'm one semester away from graduating with a BA in English, and I hope to continue my education in Journalism and Political Science so I can make a difference in my community. That will be years and years of more school, so, for now, I will use this blog to keep Brownsville bright.

I hope to inform my readers of the positivity our city has to offer, from covering city events, interviewing people of interest, and reviewing places that have added value to my Brownsville experience. I also want to encourage people to become active in their communities if they do not see the progress they've been waiting for. It's a somewhat intimidating task, but I hope to do a great job at it and have you along for the ride.

Until the next post

2 comments:

  1. We moved to Brownsville from Houston Texas, but were originally from Mexico. I think Brownsville is beautiful and I thank God for this city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find Brownsville beautiful. Hopefully, we can improve it even more so that others will appreciate what it has to offer as well.

      Delete